The Vice President, Kashim Shettima, has said that governance is not a personal pursuit but a collective responsibility. He made this statement on Friday in Uyo during a 2-day Retreat for the leadership of the 10th National Assembly, organized by the National Institute of Legislative and Democratic Studies in collaboration with Konrad – Adenauer-Stiftunh e. V, which took place at the Four Point by Sheraton Hotel in Ikot Ekpene LGA.
Senator Shettima’s remarks included the following points:
1. Governance is a shared responsibility, not a personal endeavour. The most significant achievements come through cooperation and harmony among all stakeholders who are working together for the betterment of the nation.
2. The current situation is unique, as elected leaders from all branches of government, including the National Assembly, have come together for the common good of the nation. This unity reflects the shared commitment to the nation’s progress.
3. It is essential to overcome stereotypes and divisions among diverse groups within the nation. The management of a diverse nation demands unity and collaboration, not division.
4. The 10th National Assembly is a remarkable assembly, and leaders recognize the sacrifices made by its members. Collaboration and cooperation between the executive and legislative branches are emphasized over conflict.
5. The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, stressed the importance of collaboration between the two arms of government. He pointed out that blaming political parties for the country’s problems is a mistake and that the real issue lies in the failure of relevant groups and stakeholders to collaborate effectively.
6. Akpabio emphasized the need for unity among lawmakers, regardless of their political affiliations, for the betterment of Nigeria. He urged everyone to work together to overcome the challenges facing the nation.
7. The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dr. Tajudeem Abbas, expressed satisfaction with the retreat, as it provided an opportunity for legislators to contribute to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s 8-point Agenda. He urged his colleagues to prioritize national development and ensure all branches of government work in harmony to fulfil the promises made to the people.
8. The host governor, represented by his deputy, Senator Akon Ayakenyi, expressed appreciation for the federal government’s bipartisan and inclusive approach to governance.
In summary, Senator Shettima and other leaders emphasized the importance of collective responsibility in governance, unity among different branches of government, and collaboration among stakeholders to address the challenges facing Nigeria. They called for a shared commitment to the nation’s development and the fulfilment of promises to the people.
The provided information is intended for general awareness and may not be entirely accurate or up-to-date. The post disclaims any warranties regarding the completeness, accuracy, or reliability of the content, services, or graphics on the website. It advises caution when using the information for any purpose.