President Bola Tinubu has appointed Prof. Tunji Olaopa as the Chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) and 11 others to serve as members of the commission.
A statement released by presidential spokesman Ajuri Ngelale on Friday indicated that their appointment is subject to confirmation by the Nigerian Senate.
Here is the full list:
1. Prof. Tunji Olaopa — Chairman
2. Dr. Daudu Ibrahim Jalo — Member (Representing Adamawa | Gombe | Taraba)
3. Ms. Gekpe Grace Isu — Member (Representing Akwa Ibom | Cross River)
4. Dr. Chamberlain Nwele — Member (Representing Anambra | Ebonyi | Enugu)
5. Mr. Rufus N. Godwins — Member (Representing Rivers | Delta | Bayelsa)
6. Dr. Adamu Hussein — Member (Representing Niger | FCT)
7. Mr. Aminu Nabegu — Member (Representing Jigawa | Kano)
8. Ms. Hindatu Abdullahi — Member (Representing Kaduna | Katsina)
9. Mr. Shehu Aliyu — Member (Representing Kebbi | Sokoto | Zamfara)
10. Ms. Odekunle Rukiyat Aduke — Member (Representing Kogi | Kwara)
11. Mr. Jide Jimoh — Member (Representing Lagos | Ogun)
12. Dr. Festus Oyebade — Member (Representing Osun | Oyo)
Ngelale stated that once confirmed, the new FCSC leadership is expected to commence their duties from November 30, 2023, following the expiration of the current Federal Civil Service Commission Chairman and membership’s tenure on November 29, 2023.
The President anticipates that the new FCSC leadership will efficiently facilitate the transformation, reorientation, and digitization of the Federal Bureaucracy, in line with the Renewed Hope Agenda of his administration, to encourage growth and increased private sector participation in the development of the Nigerian economy.
The provided information is intended for general awareness and may not be entirely accurate or up-to-date. The post disclaims any warranties regarding the completeness, accuracy, or reliability of the content, services, or graphics on the website. It advises caution when using the information for any purpose.